Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread season is upon us! I am going to admit here and now that I loathe baking. I love to cook - it feels creative and inventive and customizable. Baking, on the other hand, feels more precise, structured, and rigid to me. However, I LOVE a homemade, from-scratch sweet bread - banana, zucchini, pumpkin, cinnamon, whatever - I just can not do without it in my life. So I bake for the love of the sweet bread.
Here is my signature pumpkin bread. It is our favorite - I tip my hat to the fresh pumpkin, clove, and cardamom for bringing it to the next level. I hope you love it just as much as us!
I do use fresh roasted pumpkin because we grow it, but canned pumpkin is also fine.
How to Roast a Pumpkin for Baking
cut pumpkin in half
place it open side down on foiled pan
pour like an 1/8 inch of water in pan around it
roast on 325* for an hour or until soft
scrape innards out and blend.
3/4 cup coconut oil
1.5 cups granulated brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon Maple syrup
2 cups packed of pumpkin
3 cups packed almond flour (or all-purpose flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon clove powder
(1) mix together the oil, sugar, eggs, syrup and pumpkin in a bowl.
(2) mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices
(3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Don’t over-mix
(4) Grease and flour two loaf pans. Divide the batter into them. I use 9x5 size
(5) Bake at 325 degrees for like 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
(6) Let it cool completely or it will be awful crumbly